Barbara Ann Greco, M.D.
Dr. Greco graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. She then went on to complete a medical degree from Harvard Medical School in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She served both her internship and medical residency in Internal Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Greco then pursued a Nephrology fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital and Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
Dr. Greco is very active in her medical field and she maintains memberships in numerous professional organizations including the American Society of Nephrology, the Renal Physicians Association, the American Society of Hypertension, the International Society of Nephrology, the American Heart Association: Kidney Council, Women in Nephrology, the Hampden Medical Society, the Massachusetts Medical Society, and Women Advancing and Achieving in Medicine.
Her major research interests include the following subjects:
- Renal artery stenosis: pathyophysiology and treatment
- Ischemic renal disease due to atherosclerotic renovascular disease
- Resistant and secondary hypertension
- Thromboembolic renal diseases
- Glomerular diseases and other aspects of clinical nephrology
- Lipids and renal disease
- Women in medicine, gender differences in career paths
Dr. Greco is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. She also holds a Hypertension Specialist Certification.